Saturday, January 8, 2011

i'm NOT making the bed today.


I'm a list maker. I like to think that this is a good quality because if it's on my list, then it gets done; whatever IT is. It could be a number of things and on a number of lists, as well. When my feet hit the floor in the mornings, my job begins. I thought you didn't have a job, Alisha? Oooooooooooh, I have a job, alright. It's a full-time, I don't clock-out for lunch job and I don't get paid money for the hours I work or the over-time that I put in. It's the best job in the world, I'm Mommy!

For years, I've fought with myself over wanting to be more than just a wife and mother. I am, that's just it. I was fighting for no reason. I was fighting over a thought. How about that? I am more than I ever knew I could be. When I was a girl, I wanted so badly to be rich and famous. I am. Who knew? I, now do.

Moving on ....

The list:
1. Open the curtains and let the sun shine in!
I'm leaving out all the in betweens.
2. Make the bed.
I'm refusing to make the bed today. That won't really happen. I will make it. It'll bug me until I do. Funny, how used to, I would never make my bed and now, it irritates me until I do. Yes, my bed talks to me. It says, "Alisha. Make me. You know as soon as you don't, somebody will pop by for a visit and think you live in a pig pen."
3. Coffee/Breakfast
Sometimes, I make coffee, sometimes, I don't. It just depends on how much pep I have in my step when my feet DO hit the floor. Recently, I have lots of pep in my step these days, exercising on a daily basis. Thirty pounds ago, I wanted to do nothing but sleep. Whew. Glad that's over.
4. Music: somehow/someway.
5. Breathe.
6. Love.
7. Be loved.
8. Move.
9. Eat.
10. Play.
11. Go to bed
so I can wake up and do it again tomorrow.
Just in case you are wondering if I made the bed, I caved 20 minutes after I started this blog originally this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment