Monday, March 21, 2011

An Ugly Duckling Day

Have you ever had just one of those days? It's not really a good day or a bad day, it's just one of those days where you have plenty to say and choose to say less than little? Less than little for me is not outing the truth to the people that need it or saving my words because they're unheard. No, I didn't intentionally rhyme there, it just happened that way.
There's no question to anyone who I am or how I feel. I make that known. That's who I am. I love that about me. Unfortunately, folks tend to think that unfitting. I'm not one hundred percent sure if it's because I'm a woman or because the truth may sometimes hurt or if they're outraged that someone would actually speak the truth.
It's no easy road to travel, I promise. These days, I try incredibly hard to live the way that I feel I should live in God's eyes. I'm aiming for his approval. That's a big step for me. Okay, for the first time in my life, I think I deemphasized a little. Let me rephrase that; that's a HUGE, great big 'ole GrandDaddy of a step for me.
Having Faith makes me feel good. Believing that the good I live throughout my days here with this magnificent Earth at my fingertips, will be repaid in the end. It's no easy road to travel. I stay at home to shield Owen from the damage this world can do and create an environment I feel is acceptable.
I have no desire to speak with a forked tongue, nor do I want to hear what's spoken from one. "Friend" is a term that seems to have lost it's meaning somewhere along the way. "Friends?", sure, I have lots. Friends?, I have very few.

No comments:

Post a Comment