Friday, August 19, 2011

1st Fondant Dinosaur Cake

So the first time around, Fondant isn't my friend (insert sad face here). That's okay, the birthday isn't until NEXT FRIDAY, so I'm good. Cake and Ice Cream only this year. We're going with simple. That is, as long as my cake isn't a complete disaster.

On this baked goody, the Orange Fluffy Cake and the Uncooked Frosting came from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook. The Fondant recipe came from AllRecipes.com. All three of these were new to me. I just decided to go with the unknown and try something new.

Here are a few pictures of the process:




Orange Fluffy Cake




Uncooked Frosting




Finished 




Fondant




Fondant Colored




Owen had to have a piece....




...So I had to incorporate a Waterfall with pink rocks :)




Andy said my Dinosaur looked like an Ant Eater....




Owen had to have a bite of the finished product :)
Here's a little tip that I DIDN'T know: 
The refrigerator is THE KISS OF DEATH for Fondant. Yup, glad this was the trial run....

No comments:

Post a Comment