Saturday, May 24, 2014

He Calls Us

At the beginning of May, we celebrated our 39th Homecoming  at Community Christian Church. We had 58 (give or take) in attendance.
I believe wholeheartedly, that He calls us to do things. We choose to obey or not. He called me to sing on this day. I sung because He wanted me to; certainly not because I sound good. My entire body was shaking, you could hear it in my voice, but I sang Keep Walking. I did just that, I kept walking. Why? Because He wanted me to.  In my heart, I feel someone within those walls needed to hear it. 
When I stepped up to the plate, so to speak, I said that He tells us to tell people about Him, and He does. I said that He tells us to be bold, and He does. However, the scripture I quoted was actually two. 

Tell it to your children, and let your children tell it to their children, and their children to the next generation. --- Joel 1:3

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. --- Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment