Sunday, December 7, 2014

Standing on the Promises of God (To Be Heard)


This morning in church, I felt the Holy Spirit nudging me. You know that feeling you get when God wants you to do something that you just don't want to do because it may make you step out of your comfort zone? Yes, that one. The one where someone may think... nope, I'm not even going to finish that sentence because you know, as well as I do, it doesn't matter what someone else may think, it matters what God thinks; bottom line. The FLESH is what makes a big deal about what someone may think. Phfft, pesky flesh. 

I'm a note taker, everywhere; even in church. I'm on volume four. In my notes this morning, I wrote:

"Standing on the promises of God. I chose this song. I turned to it. The Holy Spirit "called" me to stand (literally) throughout the whole song. On the last verse, I stood. 
I will spend my life standing on the promises of God."

I fought with my flesh because I didn't want to get up and embarrass myself. Isn't that peculiar? Me, embarrass myself. I do some of the kookiest things & I didn't want to embarrass myself. Funny. The Holy Spirit won. I stood up & I was shaking & I choked back tears & THE HOLY SPIRIT WON! 

Thank you God, for all you do in my life & thank you for giving me the strength to be an example for others to follow. I fail miserably sometimes, at being an example for others to follow. I get frustrated. I question people & I shouldn't. It's not for me to question. All of it is for Him to take care of. There's no need for any of my questions. He's got it covered. 

  1. Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
    Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
    Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
    Standing on the promises of God.
    • Refrain:
      Standing, standing,
      Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
      Standing, standing,
      I’m standing on the promises of God.
  2. Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
    When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
    By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
    Standing on the promises of God.
  3. Standing on the promises I now can see
    Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
    Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,
    Standing on the promises of God.
  4. Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
    Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
    Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
    Standing on the promises of God.
  5. Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
    List’ning every moment to the Spirit’s call,
    Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
    Standing on the promises of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment