Saturday, May 9, 2015

With Christ, I'm Possible.

This may seem to be just a painting. It's much more than that. It's my heart and soul poured onto this canvas. It's years of thinking I couldn't. It's years of thinking I was nothing & I would never amount to anything because I'd never push hard enough to try. 
This painting symbolizes my recovery from drug addiction & alcohol abuse. This painting represents years of not speaking out about being sexually abused. This painting embodies all that I have grown to be. 
Several weeks back, I had a conversation with a friend whom I've grown close with recently. I said how life for me was impossible without Christ. But with Christ, I'm possible! 
When I was lost, I would wander around aimlessly never knowing what was next. Always thinking, "why me? Why does all this stuff have to happen to me?" Christ wasn't present in my life. He didn't instruct my days. He didn't lead me to the path of righteousness. You know why? Because I didn't want Him to. 
I wasn't interested in changing one iota of my life for anyone; let alone Christ. I came to Him & He has cleaned me up. I'm far from perfect. I won't get the Mother of the Year Award, or Wife of the Year Award for that matter but, I do my best to do what is acceptable in the eyes of the Lord on a minute-to-minute basis. Not just because it's Sunday, or because I know someone sees me, because it's every day, and what you do behind closed doors matters just as much, as what you do in the public eye.
There are people who are still waiting in the wings for me to fail & I'm okay with that. I think they'll always be there, watching and waiting. Sometimes it's incredibly irritating, but I'm doing my best to be understanding. 
This painting is the beginning of great things to come. My intentions are a line of products dedicated to the "I'm Possible" theme. I will donate 10% of the purchase price (of each work) to Speakyoursilence.org. Follow the link that I have provided & find out more information on #thestitch. Stay tuned for excellence.


With Christ, I'm Possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment