Wednesday, November 10, 2010

11.10.10


Work gloves on, rake in hand, I decide by the end of this day, my backyard will be "well-manicured". In my tankini top, sweatpants and sneakers; yes, I said tankini top. It's 80 degrees on 11.10.10 and Winter looks like it will never arrive.

You know me, I'm a picture taker, but just this once, I will spare you the expense of physically viewing me AND my ensemble.

Be prepared to wear shorts on Christmas when you move to the deep south. I don't even know if Southeast Georgia is considered the deep south or not (so don't quote me on that), it just sounded good. I don't think it gets any more country than boiling peanuts, making mull from potatoes or calling kindling fat lightered knot. Yes, I Googled it to make sure I spelled it right. I've lived here nine years, as of August and I still didn't know.

I tend to carry myself away from the point that I am trying to make. What was I talking about again? Well-manicured back yard. Checkity, check checked off the list. Mission accomplished.

PLUS, the front-side yard. I tend to label things so we have:

  • front yard
  • front-front yard
  • front-side yard
  • back-left side yard
  • back-right side yard
  • back-side yard
Each of these parts of our yard are equally beautiful, important parts of the yard (you care because?). What does this mean? Mucho yard work, that keeps me busy. Again, carried away from the point.

From the front-side yard, I came away with a wheelbarrow full of homemade mulch from yard clippings and Magnolia leaves for the Catawba Tree that hasn't produced worms in years (used for fishing for those of you that don't know) in the back-side yard. Win-win. Exercise, recycling and a clean yard. Booyah!

On the agenda for this weekend:

I will be making a compost box to make my own soil. I am super excited about this idea. It's been "in the works", and by "in the works" I mean, I've been throwing the idea around in my head, for six or more months now. Probably more, but who's counting, right?

I ended up breaking out my camera, I tried not to, but I couldn't help it. I had to share the wonders of nature.

DISCLAIMER: If I could have put the photo at the end of the post, it would've made more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment