Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2 Minutes

I didn't really think a complete mental meltdown (got the term "mental meltdown" from a wonderful movie starring Robin Williams called What Dreams May Come; watch it, it's phenomenal) would be in the plans for today, but hey, I welcome it.

Not every day is perfect. Not every day is a beaming ray of sunshine and to tell you the truth, I don't really think I would want a life like that because I'm a complainer. Okay, so I admit it. I tend to like to complain some every now and then (why? just for the sake of complaining, i suppose; i dunno), so sue me, don't we all? Well, we ALL do, we just ALL don't tend to tell ourselves the truth much, now do we? Ahem. Just sayin.

So anyway, after this morning, one of which I am greatly appreciative of, even though it's been a complete train wreck ( I tend to get off track, I know), I tell Owen, PLEASE (yes, in all caps, not in a scream, mind you, but in a tone, which, if you think about it, is just as bad because tone sets the mood), give me two minutes. And he says to me, in the sweetest little voice, "Two mins, Mommy?", and nods his sweet little head. All he wanted to do was paint and unfortunately, Grouchella Deville (my alter-ego) is on the loose again.

So, in return, I smile and head off to the kitchen because we're learning about time. I pick up the kitchen timer and come back and we learn what a two looks like.

He starts on his very first piece of real canvas, which I am extremely proud of, considering I am a creator of art, as well and I get a chance to blog, which is a new love of mine because I love to talk. Not like you can tell or anything. I mean, my blogging is either a complete run-on sentence or little fragments, here and there, but that's me, that who I am.

If you're reading, it's definitely gotta be because your interested or because you've just stumbled upon it and you either like it or you don't. Period. No in between. I'm not an in between person. At all. What you see if what you get, ALWAYS, as painful as that may be sometimes.

Creating makes my soul dance like no one's watching. When it's just me and my creation, there's no judgment or no criticism. It's mine and regardless of "how good" it is in someone else's eyes, it's perfection in mine. Confidence. Self-esteem. I want that for Owen. I encourage him to be himself and dream big. Dream Huge.

The sky is the limit.


See? "2 minutes" made a world of difference, didn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment