Sunday, December 5, 2010

1,000 miles from nowhere

Ok, I named this one after Dwight Yokam's song in the early 90's. I know, you're probably thinking why? Or not. Who knows why you're thinking what you're thinking. That's the point of this entry. I sometimes catch myself thinking, "I wonder what they thought?". I received the following statement, in an email along with other pearls of wisdom and this is the only one that stuck in my mind, "What other people think of me, is none of my business!"

It has a nice ring to it, if you think about it. The idea of living in the moment:

dancing like no one's watching

or

singing like you really sound good.

You know what I mean?

I know my southern drawl goes above and beyond the definition of country, but I still like to belt out my version of R-E-S-P-E-C-T every now and then. And you know why? Because it makes me feel good, that's why. Confidence is key.
When I feel right about me, all's well with the world. And by right, I mean, my view, no one else's. People have a tendency to judge others. I've been guilty of this myself. We all have. It happens. But you know what?

We are all on our OWN journey.
Live your journey.

2 comments: