Friday, December 31, 2010

Naughty or Niiiiiiice?

Up comes my home page (yahoo) and the headline reads: What's in Store for you in 2011? Well, same thing as last year, I reckon. Last year, I decided to break tradition. I DID NOT make a New Year's resolution. I figured why make a resolution when I rush to the finish line to break it when I do? Right? Right. Every single time. Every single year. Always.

This year has been phenomenal. I have grabbed life by the reins and it's with me, along my journey. Life and I, we're two peas in a pod. This year was MY YEAR and next year will be too because life IS what I make it. My thoughts ARE a product of me and I WILL continue to be a part of "the greater good" and continue to try my best to make the world a better place. I BELIEVE it can happen.

Yup, I hug trees! So sue me. I love them. I do have a goal (absolutely, by no means what-so-ever is it a resolution!!!!!) for the rest of my life. That is:

to be more grEEn

This year, I would like for our household to produce practically no trash. We'll see how that goes. The plan was to have plastic bins for paper and plastic by now. I actually have a cardboard box for the paper (but not all of it), does that count???? Well, I'll give myself a break, I've got ONE MORE DAY.....famous last words. See what happens when I make a resolution? Oh whoops, by no means was it a resolution AND I'm already breaking it. Go figure.

January 7th marks a personal growth journey of mine that I'll be 3 years invested in. I'm stoked about it. It feels good to make growing changes. It feels good to be proud of myself and accomplished. I like relating these words with myself. Go Alisha! I figured I'd throw that in there, since I was already giving myself a little pep talk. Wink, wink! If I don't, who will? Ya know? Not cocky. Not conceited. Confident. Nothing wrong with that and I sure won't act like there is to spare insecure feelings. Period.

As I said, last year I made no resolutions. However, I ate less and started moving more. You'll never believe what happened? Exercise, hold on, hold on, get this, exercise worked for me!!!!!!! All my life, I've been on a "diet" of some kind. Yuck. Four letter UGLY little word. DIET. Welp, I hate to admit it. Exercise worked. Although it bites that I'm no skinny girl, and it's not easy for me to maintain my weight or lose it, I'm FINALLY satisfied with my body. I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with my weight, but hey, I'm a girl, I think I'm made that way (by society, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms).

So,

Q: What does 2011 have in store for me?

A: A lot of living, being, feeling, laughing, moving and a lot more just plain old being me.

Because in the words of Terrell Owens, "I love me some me."



No comments:

Post a Comment