Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Day is Here and You're Still Not



Incredibly, I don't feel like I usually do on this day. I feel somehow enlightened, somewhat more accepting of your death. I just assumed I'd wake up this morning and be sad, as I have for the last twelve years. I suppose number thirteen made a difference.

I have good days and bad. Today, maybe I've grown. I sure hope so. It's time. Although I'm not there to burn Sage and release the negative energy from your grave and myself (those of you in the know regarding the circumstances of his tragic death will understand), I will again someday and chances are, I'll be there at one in the morning like I used you, looking like a complete psycho at the graveyard. Oh yes, I'm your Sister, here to embarrass you, long after you're gone...

Speaking of, I'm posting a picture. I'm sure you'd be mad. You're without a hat. But, you're not here to stop me, so be mad from the grave.

I love you Kenny.

2/13/75 - 5/19/98

2 comments:

  1. Alisha, I know you miss him and always will. It is never easy to lose someone, but I believe he is in a better place. I too lost a brother tragically so I can relate to what that feels like. I remember when you got the news. You were a great sister to him. I think over time and as we mature we are able to look at things from a different point of view. Glad to hear that you can find a little comfort after all these years. Love You Honey, Keep Your Chin Up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I just saw this, months later =)

    ReplyDelete