Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome to Motherhood

Today is a double up on the concealer kind of day, so if you see me out and about and I look like I have on a mask of make-up, please refrain from laughing and pointing, because I do. It's amazing to me that concealer states that it suppose to conceal and it doesn't, but I attempt it anyway.

Also, if you see a sucker stick hanging from my ponytail or a sticky hand print strategically placed on my shoulder, that's to be expected. Please don't let it shock you. I don't remember having any glamorous notions about being a mother and boy, that's good because being a mother isn't glamorous. If it's glamorous for you, then you apparently have a nanny that tends to the yucky stuff we'd all prefer to skip. I am the nanny, I get all the good stuff. I won't go into that, if you're a mother you know what the good stuff is and besides, I don't have all day to blog, just a few brief moments to fly by the computer and pop up like a jack in the box when it's time to build a block towwee (tower).

Today's agenda: Owen's dental appointment. As you can imagine, I'm overly excited about this task. I just can't wait to get there. As a matter of fact, I think I'll leave early and just wait in the office for a while. That should make my day. Did I just quote Clint Eastwood? Guess so, in a round about sort of way. Love him. Forever and always. Not I like I love Andy forever and always, but you get my drift.

As I babble on, the countdown is getting closer. As you know, a trip anywhere with a toddler involves carrying the whole world plus an extra set of clothes, so I'm off to put my Mommy Cape on and save the day and the sucker sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment