Wednesday, December 14, 2011

You Know You're the Mother of a Toddler When...

It's been forever and a day since I've posted, I know... I've been insanely busy with school and thank goodness, this Semester and over and done and I have a chance to breathe again. Whew. Networking just about got me. Needless to say, I will not be using my degree to acquire any position involving Networking. Nope. Nu-uh. Not happening.

As you know, I decided I would go back and make another attempt at College right after Owen turned two years old. It had been on my mind for a while, as always; usually thoughts that are on my mind stay there and don't end up going any further than that, but this "itty" thought has ended up turning into real effort on my part (shocker, I know). I tried to kick Procrastination, it just kicked me!

That being said, since I'm a Stay-At-Home-Mom I figured, I would be at home raising Owen until he went to school, so I had plenty of time to get a degree and then, out of nowhere, I GOT THE FEVER. 
Any clue what I'm talking about Mama's? 

The Accomplishment Fever. 

You know, the one where you are more than just Mama? Don't get it twisted folks, I adore being Mommy. It's the best job I've ever had. I get to mold my child into a loving individual while experiencing all the little quirks of a toddler that anyone who doesn't have children could single-handedly "fix" because they absolutely know how to parent your child better than you do.

Don't you just love those people? You know, the ones that insist you're parenting your child wrong? I do. These people help me to grow. Although, they don't help with patience at times, I think in the long-run, they just may.

Let me tell you what's really funny:

I have no idea how I managed to get this off-track, but I sure did!! I guess that was just on my mind. Nothing's happened to make me feel this way or anything. No wait, I guess it did-I became a parent. I used to be one of those people, now I'm a parent!

Moving closer to the point...

Back to the Accomplishment Fever. My intentions were to just take school slow, focus, remain calm and enjoy it. I'm enjoying it, but I've had no calm. I've been so busy trying to take as many classes as I can manage to fit in. Why? Who knows. Welp, I've decided to relax. I only have one class scheduled for Spring and I'm thoroughly looking forward to it. It's my Hardware and Maintenance class that I've wanted to take since last year. Yay me! I get to focus on this one! Yep! Plus, I have a dummy computer to take into class with me and work on! I think everyone has had one of those at one time or another. You know, the one that sounds like a helicopter landing when you turn it on? I sure will be glad to fix that!

Where was the point again? 

Oh yes, as I was working on my family DVD (that I've been working on for over a year; almost a year and a half), I started to make labels and can't find an address. Well, that led to me to cleaning off my Swamp Desk (it's got be here somewhere), as I like to call it and found five months (who am I kidding? Probably more) worth of projects that I've been meaning to do and couldn't because of The Accomplishment Fever. 

And the point being....

You know you're the Mother of a Toddler when you find balloons crammed at the back of the shelf of your desk underneath five months worth of things you've been "meaning to do."

PS....I still haven't located the address.


No comments:

Post a Comment