Tuesday, July 3, 2012

where there's a will, there's a weigh. #3

As I picked up my early registration packet, I'll have to say, I was a little intimidated. Nonetheless, I carried it to the car & struck out for a brief run down the beach to prepare for tomorrow. 
Tomorrow is my very 1st 5K. I'm excited (to say the least).

I have two goals:
- Finish.
- 45 minutes or under.

I started running a few short months ago & I love it. It's something I'm passionate about & dedicated to improving upon. 

I have fought a constant battle with my weight all my life. Weight loss has never been easy. There's no quick fix for me. It involves straight hard work & dedication. The most terrific part of my dedication? I'm comfortable in my skin. In the words of Terrell Owens, "I love me some me". Sure, my thighs could be thinner & eventually, they will be, but I love myself & my view of my body is a healthy view, after so many years of not being.


Winning isn't about taking home the trophy, it's about what I'm able to learn along the way --- Alisha Fincher Wilson


2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I too struggle with my weight. I wish I ha the confidence that you do! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete