Wednesday, October 12, 2016

What is God Saying to You? (To Be Heard)

I was having dinner a few weeks ago with some friends & a friend says to me, what has God been saying to you? I don't think it was in those exact words, but you get the general idea. 

In that instance, my mind was blank. What had God been saying to me? I was in the comfort zone, so-to-speak. I was comfortable with my life, with my Bible study, with who I was. 

Within minutes, the Holy Spirit jumped right up and slapped me square in the face. Not literally folks, but if you're Christian and you're here to serve the Lord, you know EXACTLY what I am referring to; conviction. 

God's been speaking to me a lot since that time. In the way that I need to improve myself  and in the way that I need to do more; not for self, but for Him & His glory. 

In the world in which we live, we're encouraged to put ourselves first. We deserve it. We've worked hard.

Wrong. 

We're not first, He is. We don't deserve anything, least of all His grace, but we have it, unconditionally. It's a free gift. It doesn't come at our cost. It doesn't have to be purchased. He already paid. 

What is He saying to you?


No comments:

Post a Comment