Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Parenting 101: Buckle Your Safety Harness

Before one more month comes and goes, I'm absolutely making myself sit down and blog. I have been completely consumed with parenthood. And when I say consumed, that's an understatement to say the very least. Those of you who said, or continue to say, "it's just one more kid," I would appreciate it if you'd step back into reality & out of your delusional existence. I now have three children; yep, three. Never thought I'd be saying that. Never. Oh wait, yes, there was that brief period that  wanted a whole houseful. And then I had one.

Last night, well, in the wee hours of the morning, I caught myself losing my proverbial poop. Yes, I would much rather use another descriptive 4-letter word but, I'll save anyone who is reading this the judgement. I actually felt much like I did as a new Mom almost nine years ago. How was that exactly? Completely helpless & unsure of whether I'd make it out alive.

I did make it out alive. Here I am, grateful to God for giving me another to day to get it right. "It" being, this thing we call life. This thing we get repeated swings at. Nah, I'm not really a sports fan unless my kids are playing but, I am grateful God doesn't give me three strikes and I'm out because I would have been out long before I ever had kids. As a matter of fact, I would have been out as a teenager. Okay, okay, an adolescent.  

If you've ever been a breastfeeding Mama, only you can understand where I'm going with this post. Chalk it up to hormones & I'll poke your eyes out of your head like a Mama Mockingbird who's protecting her nest. Get out of my face with that garbage. Not everything's hormones people.

I've recently realized why breastfeeding is so absolutely important to me. I can't control anything. God takes care of everything. I can't make my kids do what I want them to. I can't make them get along with one another. 

If I can feed our newest little treasure & she is healthy & well, maybe I'm not so bad at this whole parenting thing after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment