Saturday, February 12, 2011

About Last Night...

It's been a while since I've written. Life catches up with me sometimes and I find myself behind. The daily grind comes into play and I squeeze out the things I enjoy because of responsibilities that come first. That's a sign of growth, for sure. In the past, I've squeezed out responsibilities for fun. Those days are over. Whew. Thank goodness. Having fun is over-rated and exhausting.
Last night, some friends and I went on an adventure. We decided we would have a Girl's Night Out. I was the designated driver and apparently that's a shocker to some, but that's okay. People judge. It's what they do. It's something I've learned. Five years ago, anyone that knows me, would have laughed in my face at the thought of ME being the designated driver. Now, things are a little different. Responsibilities always come first. Period.
So, we got to the club at 10:30pm and I forgot how late the fun starts. There was no one there. As we wonder around an empty building, I think to myself, "These shoes are really killing my shins." Oh yeah, that's what I'm thinking at this point. Why? Because I'm me and random thoughts are what my mind is made of. An hour later, you couldn't slide a toothpick between the people in that club. People dressed to impress out for a night of fun and games.
The night was fun and all that I expected and more. I wouldn't take back a second of it. And guess what else? It's been probably five years since I've been to a club and five more would be way too soon. I'm so thankful for my life and how it has changed. I'm not old, I just live differently now. I'm much wiser than I used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment