Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Walk the Line

The definition of  a Christian is as follows:


Chris·tian  (krschn)
adj.
1. Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
3. Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.
4. Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.
5. Showing a loving concern for others; humane.
n.
1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.

Christianity is based on Faith. Faith that He exists, although you cannot see.

I am a believer.

I have dedicated my life to being more Christ-like, in every move that I make. I fall short some days. I react to situations with frustration sometimes and I shouldn't. I turned to Christ because my life was filled with so much good and I felt compelled to do so. On occasion, I am judged for this and that's okay. I try my best not to return the judgement. 

It is difficult at times, the way people react to the fact that I am walking with Christ. It is common for people to be uninterested in the joy I attempt to share. Under no circumstance do I pressure folks to feel the way I feel or believe what I believe. People tend to have a hard time accepting my walk because of the person I used to be. That's also okay. 

I am very grateful that God saw fit for me to become a Mother because, it was then, my life changed. I would like to think this change will be forever. I would like to think I will walk with Christ for the span of my life and learn as much as I can regarding His teachings.

Christ does not pressure us to believe, but He's there if we choose to. I cannot explain the inner peace that I feel since I've chosen my walk with Him. It's a calm that's never existed inside me. I chose baby steps to begin with. I started reading my Bible at home, which I've done sporadically, for years. This time, I've stuck with reading it. I made lots of excuses for not going to Church. The main one being that I was scared someone would ask me a question that I didn't know the answer to. Silly, right? Now that I think about it, it's incredibly silly. 

Another reason I felt I didn't "need" to attend Church was because I was a sinner. Well, that is the very reason I should have been there. Hello, we're all sinners. Some more than others, but that's just it, it's all sin!!!!! 

We don't have to be perfect to go to Church.

Somehow, this myth was introduced and too bad we can't rewind and take it back because it's prevents worthy folks from going. 

We are ALL worthy of God. 

Don't ever let anyone tell you any different. We ALL deserve to Praise God for His many blessings. 

The way I look at things, situations and people are completely different than before I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. I don't deny the bad I have been responsible for in my life. The only thing I can do is forgive myself and move forward with no intentions of replaying them. God has forgiven me and I have forgiven myself. That's all that can be done. It IS that simple, although some folks may think there's more to it, it is that simple.

I do my best to be a servant for Him. He guides me where I need to go and I listen. God has guided me for a while now. I wake up on a daily basis and see where He leads me next. Things aren't always simple and they're not always going to be simple, but my walk with Him leads me where I should be. 

It is all in His Master Plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment