Monday, November 5, 2012

The Reality Is...

It's been months since I've posted. I've had lots of posts, none of which, were written down. They remained in the vault that I call my mind. Most of the time, I can't remember the combination and there are things that never escape. 

For those readers that do not know, my husband and I decided to have another child. There was no "baby fever", we just decided we weren't getting any younger, so if we were to have another child, there's no time like the present. After experiencing 10 solid weeks of nausea from the time I woke up until the time I went to sleep, I am 100% positive this little bundle of joy will be our last. 

Our first born has decided to make this age the most exciting I've experienced yet (as a mother). He started the terrible two's at 1 1/2 years old and we have rolled on into the troublesome four's since then. YIPPEE. Our days are filled with mood swings, fits & attitude. No naps to break the cycle. I can't remember the last time Owen took a nap. He does however, spend time in his room "taking a rest". I recently incorporated this to keep the small shred of sanity that I have left. To be honest, that small shred is stretched as far as it can go. I sometimes wonder how much longer it will be before the wagon shows up and carts me away in a straight jacket. 

All that aside, there's lots of good, exciting things happening, as well. Owen loves to farm with Pa and take care of his cows. I snap pictures and grab video clips when I can. He'll be grown and out of the house before I know it  and I'll be sitting back, wondering where all the years went. As a matter of fact, where did this year go? I don't know, but it's practically gone. 

In 2013, we will welcome another bundle of joy and be sending Owen off to preschool. I can see me now, crying outside the classroom door. See how easy it is to forget about all the insanity of motherhood? At least until something comes flying at me and whacks me in the side of the head and I have to explain one more time how completely inappropriate it is to throw things at people...

P.S. I'm not looking forward to parent-teacher conferences...


No comments:

Post a Comment