Wednesday, January 29, 2014

re-evaluation

Over the last couple weeks, I've been doing a little re-evaluation on where I let my thoughts lead me & how I spend my time. I was listening to a Podcast by Andy Stanley (he is awesome, by the way) & he mentioned a scripture that I'd never heard. 

Nehemiah 6:3 - And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?

How powerful is that scripture? 
What I am doing IS important; NO I will not give up, I will continue until I finish.

What comes to my mind are all the trials & tribulations that we all have to face on a daily basis. No, life isn't easy all the time. It's difficult at times. Situations happen that are difficult. That doesn't mean it's time to stop trying, it just means it's time to give God what you can and let Him take care of the rest. 
I was talking to a friend of mine today and I told her that I think He chose me to "spread the word" about God and the Plan of Salvation. I fully intend on doing that for the rest of my days. Will I be persecuted for being who I am? Certainly. Will that stop me? Nope.

A couple of weeks ago, I was presented with a "teachable moment". By that, I mean that I had the opportunity to do what I would want my children to do if they were in the same situation. 
We had an activity day at church & I had a difficult morning (to say the least) before leaving the house and tried not to let that interfere with my mood towards everyone else. Anyone else ever have that problem? A bad mood. Ugh, they follow me around sometimes. I snapped at two innocent people. Not just one, but two. While everyone was having lunch in the fellowship hall, I headed inside the church for a minute to regroup. I was led to the altar. I'd always seen people kneel at the altar to pray and before this moment, I'd never kneeled at the altar. I prayed and when I got up, my mind was clear. I gave it all to Him. I walked outside and apologized to those two innocent people that I snapped at. I'd like to think that I learned something & that I taught my children something. 








No comments:

Post a Comment