Sunday, March 8, 2015

Be Virtuous (To Be Heard)

I should have virtue coming out my ears at this point. Nope. Uh-uh. What I mean by that statement is: last week, my Sunday school lesson for the children was about how God wants us to Be Virtuous. Our lesson plan is TeamKID Character Challenge . Each week, we discover another character trait that God wants us to develop. 

I am aware that the children get something from it but, I'm not sure who gets the most, me or them; which, doesn't even matter, but to prove a point.... Our lessons always stay with me, much like the Holy Spirit, nudging me into realizing what areas in my life need the most [urgent] work. 

Last week, I was on the mend from a terrible virus & was unable to make morning service or Sunday School & did not use the 'virtuous' lesson. I asked to lead Women's Worship on Sunday night & low & behold, what did God send me to talk about? Yep, you guessed it; virtue. He ties it all in together, if we're listening. 


God tells us what to do, whether we do it or not, is up to us; He gives us the opportunity. 

On Tuesday's, I help with a little project & what was I led to talk about? Well, Salvation in the beginning & what did that lead to? Yep, you guessed it; virtue. 

This morning, I was actually able to teach the lesson. YES! We covered how in the midst of Stephen being stoned to death (Acts 6:1-15; 7:51-60) he was STILL asking God to forgive these that sinned against him. Can you imagine? On your deathbed, being virtuous through all of the pain people caused you for no reason at all? 

I don't exactly know how I would act in that situation. I would like to believe that I would act the same way because I would know where I'm headed & would hope those that sinned against me would be there too, but I can't say with 100% certainty that I would. 

Sunday School was through & out the door I went to the swing set with Mo & Evan (my littlest). We don't have a childcare during church & so, every other week, I have Evan with me & we leave after Sunday School so we don't interrupt morning service. 

We decided to stay a while & swing; all was groovy until of course, it was time for us to go. Evan didn't want to go, he was tired and wanted to "pay" (play) some more. I didn't, it was time to go home. 

I grabbed him out of the swing, grabbed my bag, his toys, sippy & the pitcher of blue Kool-Aid from snack and headed to the car. As I'm trying to maneuver, down goes the pitcher of blue Kool-Aid, splashing up into the car & right smack dab in the middle of where I'm trying to get Evan in. 

I should be oozing virtue right now, right? I should have it coming out of my ears, right? Nope. Uh-uh. 

I wasn't ugly, but I wanted to be. I wanted to rant & rave & say ugly words, but I didn't. 

I STILL WANTED TO, BUT I DIDN'T. 

Do you get it? 

I'M LEARNING! HE'S TEACHING ME!!!

No, I didn't feel very virtuous in that situation, but I reacted differently than I use to would. I didn't rant & rave & act like a crazy person over spilled Kool-Aid. Now that I re-read that, I'm glad I didn't because I'm 35, not 2. 

Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right. Proverbs 20:11(KJV)

Isn't it wonderful that God doesn't get fed up with us as easily as we get fed up with ourselves & our situations?

No comments:

Post a Comment