Friday, July 17, 2015

Stay Connected to the Vine

Yesterday, Owen and I went school shopping. We had the day to ourselves & he & I both, were on our best behavior. We had lunch and I asked him if Evan and I could eat breakfast with him this year and he said no. It made me laugh. Last year, I embarrassed him. 

As we were headed home, tears were welling up in my eyes. This handsome young man that will be seven years old in a few short weeks, saved my life. God gave me this boy & I am so overwhelmingly grateful at times. Being a parent is the most rewardingly difficult job that I have ever and will ever have. 

God knew what I needed and I didn't even know God. Isn't it funny how when push comes to shove, we show up or show out? We have two choices: we can choose to or choose not to. This is in every aspect of our lives. 

As I'm going through Bible study this morning, pride is the focus & ironically enough, pride has been on my mind lately. You never know what road your life will take. You don't know that you won't ever go back where you once were; God does though. Don't make assumptions, get puffed up and think it's not possible for you to slide (in whatever area your issue is in), because it is possible. God is in control. We are not in control. As much as we would like to believe that we are, we are not. 

Stay connected to the vine.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. John 15:5 (KJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment