Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Sugar & Spice


I had this idea in my mind for months. I even searched Pinterest to make sure no one else thought of it already. My husband & I have two gorgeous boys & we're adding a girl in June of 2017. 

The "photoshoot" didn't turn out exactly  as planned; it never does. You should see the outtakes. No, I won't go there. 

I keep saying that I don't know what I'll do with a girl. I've pretty much been a tomboy my whole life. I wore makeup in high school, but that's about as far as it went. I'm low maintenance. I prefer to spend my time elsewhere. Not that there's anything wrong with anything else, I just stick with what works for me. 

The more I think about having a girl, the more excited I get. I get to play dress up & wear a tutu, too. Yes, I will be dressing up too, so if you see me in public dressed as a princess, don't let it shock you. 

A girl won't be any different than my two gorgeous boys. We'll cherish her, too. Children are gifts. It hurts my heart to know that they're not all treated that way. That they're not all cherished. Some children are treated as burdens & are basically left out to fend for themselves. Children should be seen & heard & believed!

My oldest & I have been having a hard time lately. I'm praying it's just a stage. I'm praying that we move to the next scene sooner than later. 

Parenthood is overwhelming at times; a lot of the times, it seems. That's what people don't want you to know. That parenting, or life, for that matter, isn't always rainbows & moonbeams. It's not. 

Sometimes it's hard & I want to throw in the towel. Nope. God's got me covered. He's taking care of things, if I just let Him. But I have to consistently let Him. Taking back problems from God's care doesn't do any good. I'm an expert on that. 

So, for all of you who wished & prayed for us a girl, your prayers have been answered. My prayers are for a healthy baby, whether it be a boy or a girl, it will be loved & cherished.

For this child, we prayed.
- Samuel 1:27



No comments:

Post a Comment