Monday, April 3, 2017

Brain Dump

Nine weeks left & nesting has arrived. For the last three days, I have been bouncing from project to project, tying up loose ends. Just saying "loose ends" makes me laugh. I've got basically nothing done that needs to be done to prepare for this little Miss so, we're more along the lines of "starting from the beginning". 

That's me: last minute Alisha. 

I suppose nine weeks is a little more time than last minute, but if you think about it terms of I had 40 weeks, well....

I'm tired, which is normal for me but it seems like with this little Miss, I'm much more tired; which could be one of two things: I'm older & I weigh more. Bleck. You can't win'em all. The morning sickness isn't as bad anymore so, yay! Winner, winner, chicken dinner! 

I had a ton of ideas to write about and none of them are coming to mind right now. Nope, not a one. 

Lots has been going on. The Lord has blessed my little home business. I'm super excited about that. It challenges me to create more. The boys are both playing baseball this spring, which is exciting to see them have  a good time practicing for upcoming opening day. 

We're making some home improvements, slowly but surely. 
My oldest was out sick from school a few weeks ago & he turned on the show Flip or Flop  & it made me want to start ripping out walls. How great is that show? We've got a few small things to get done & we've got a few large things that need done, as well. No big rush, really. I'm sure Andy would prefer later, rather than sooner. I would like to tackle a few of the smaller projects before little Miss gets here but it's a whole lot less work for me and a whole lot more work for him, at this point in the pregnancy. We'll do what we can do and the rest will wait. He tackled replacing some damaged area in our kitchen floor over the weekend & I get to choose what floor covering goes back! So, I get my little design time.

We've basically skipped Winter & Spring here in Southeast Georgia, and darted right toward Summer. Yay. Do you hear the enthusiasm? If you ever think Climate Change is wrong, well, I beg to differ. It was ninety-one degrees at one point yesterday & it's April. Yep, I'm already getting the pool ready & that usually doesn't happen until May. 

I'm beginning to think that I am writing just to unload my brain so there's room for more. I'm rambling on and on. Who am I kidding? That's what I always do. It just seems to happen more frequently for me during pregnancy. It's funny, they have a laundry list of questions to ask at the doctor, but they never ask, "do you feel more and more nuts as the days pass?" If you've been there, you know. If you haven't, move along, there's nothing to see, hear, or read here. 

I've been making silly, hormonal videos. I don't know why really. It's basically just another brain dump. It helps. Admission is the first step to recovery, right? Well, maybe it's the first step back toward sanity, too. We'll see.

Oh look, shiny!

You know what else I have discovered? OILS! I was up until one a.m. this morning reading my Essential Oil Pocket Reference, which is super cool! All I can think of is all the help I can give my family! 

That's pretty much all I've got for now, except for the fact that I'm in the middle of this great study: All Things New study. I haven't actually made it to class yet, but I'm doing the study from home and it is phenomenal! I'll leave you with these scriptures:

16 Therefore we do not give up. Even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day. 17 For our momentary light affliction is producing for us an absolutely incomparable eternal weight of glory. 18 So we do not focus on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corinthians 4: 16-18 (HCSB)

Too Blessed to be Stressed!









No comments:

Post a Comment