Monday, May 16, 2011

What Did I Say I Would Not Do Again?

As an expectant Mother, there were lots of things I said I would not do. That's funny to me now...In the hospital, I remember saying no pacifier, under any circumstance. The nurse looked at me like I was crazy, as do most people. That idea lasted a while (4 months, give or take and teething started) then I caved...

I also said I would not be one of those Mother's riding around in the night trying to get their child to sleep. "Gas is to expensive," I said. Ha! Yeah right. I AM "one of those Mother's"...Heck with the gas, it's well worth it sometimes.

I was verrrrrry lucky today. After supper, Andy let me (okay let me sounds weird, but you know what I mean) nap and when I woke up, Owen was super tired. We grabbed his bank (comfort blanket) and off we went, down the dirt road. He insisted we had to "go back home to see Daddy", but after a few minutes, he was out like a light.

This is one of the many stories that proves to me that being a Mother IS a job, although there is no pay, but sweet hugs and kisses. I have to pick my battles and sometimes, I don't even have the energy to pick, I just let him pick and we roll with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment