Monday, January 1, 2018

Thanks---For the Memories (To Be Heard)



The things we think can be funny sometimes. 


My Gramma gave me this ornament years ago. I think when Owen was a baby. At first I thought, 'gosh this thing is big with its chunky velour box. I really don't want it, but I'll take it anyway.'


No, I didn't say any of this to her because honestly, it's absolutely awful even to think it, but I did. 


She always gave me stuff when I came to visit; always. Sometimes, just because she only had a bit of room in her one bedroom apartment & needed to free up some space. Sometimes she picked it up on the bench in lobby that people shared stuff on because she thought of me. Sometimes she needed me to put it in her shed. 


They say it gets easier but sometimes it just doesn't. I mean sure, time passes and all that jazz, but the impression that someone leaves in your life after they're gone can only be filled with Jesus. 


Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. - ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28‬ ‭KJV‬‬




No comments:

Post a Comment