Saturday, March 9, 2019

Stay in Your Lane (To Be Heard)

I always have to go back and look at when I started this blog because I can never remember. I think it's April of 2010, and not April of 2009. I joined Facebook in 2009 & little did I know what would be in store for me.

I always throw this out there because it's hilarious to me now: 

I thought the Internet was a fad when I was first introduced in 1994. 

My friend Honey, and her family, had a computer & I knew zip really. No clue what an operating system was.

Now, I use a computer or a smart phone daily for work & work would suffer if I didn't have either but on the hand, could flourish in a different aspect.

Anywho, point being: my goal was to write like no one was reading & I've found myself not wanting to share these days. Not because I have anything to hide, but because I get tired of people and their "lofty" opinions of who I should be.

Why can't we just stay in our lane? 

I include myself because I dip where I shouldn't every now and again, into something that's absolutely NONE of my business & I've got to check myself. There will be no wrecking myself. Har, har, har. I couldn't resist.

It's Spring again & we move forward an hour tonight. The years fly by quicker and quicker and I wonder if I'm being left in its (life's) wake, or if I'm growing through what I'm going through. That's important to me. The whole growing process. Growing into who Christ has in store for me regardless of judgment, ridicule & people who bring bitterness to the table. I'm not a huge fan of bitterness. I've been guilty of enough myself, I certainly don't need anyone else's.

I find myself more and more, removing myself from situations & the people that bring them. I'm not mentally stable enough & don't get it twisted, I'm not "talking down" myself,  I just don't have the room for people who are oblivious to the hurt they cause other people because they're hurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment