Sunday, August 14, 2016

Free Your Mind (and the Rest will follow)

**Disclaimer: You means people in general, not anyone in specific. You're welcome.** 

I had to stop what I was doing & do this right now. This being writing. Lately I'm notorious (to myself) for not writing. Not sharing.  Letting others' judgement cloud my vision. A vision that has zero to do with a great deal of people's views I allow in my reality. My reality is simple, clear, to-the-point, honest & true. I am in recovery and I am extremely vocal about that. That will not change as long as the Lord sees fit for me to speak. When it no longer serves Him, I'll stop. Until then, prepare yourselves for my testimony. I won't stop because you think I talk too much. I always feel the need to throw out the disclaimer for creepers & yes, there are always creepers & guess what? That's 100% okay. 

I've stopped scrolling Facebook. I found myself unfollowing a large percentage of my "friends" in the recent past and it made me adjust my focus. I found I was letting opinions of people I really didn't know bother me. Silly, right? It absolutely is if you step back and adjust your focus. I found that I was scrolling a lot & letting things bother me that shouldn't even factor into my day. 

Over the recents weeks, I have been able to work on my business & stock up for upcoming events. I've discovered Netflix & wonder if I just crawled out of a hole somewhere because I haven't been introduced sooner. I've spent more time enjoying the beauty that God made for us & the Word He's given us a guidebook. 

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28
  

No comments:

Post a Comment