Thursday, October 13, 2016

Fluency in Child Wrangling (You Know You're a Mom If...)



I went to bed super early last night. It was nine o'clock to be exact. My head was stuffy & hurting & my patience was wiped out. The boys and I were invited to a friend's church for a revival & I thought, "yay, the boys would love that." And off we went for pizza at 6 PM. Sadly, we were home by 7:56. Yep, I was counting minutes at that point because there's always the infamous, "are we there yet? How much longer is it gonna take?" Being the expert (sometimes) on this, I guesstimated it would take us twenty minutes to get home and it did. 

My oldest Owen, was really good. I was so proud of him. He's growing up & can actually sit still. I remember the days where getting him to sit still and be anywhere near quiet were completely impossible, which brings me to my youngest & the wrangling that took place. 

Evan is 3 1/2. Sitting still isn't in his vocabulary. And quiet? Well, quiet isn't a word that's used very much when it comes to me or the boys. We're vocal. Although there's a time and place for everything, Evan's not quite there yet & honestly, I'm not either & I've got 33 years on him. 

Last night, I posted about What is God saying to you? . It's been on my heart & mind for a few weeks & I had to share. I posted this right before I left for the revival. All I could think was: what would these people think about me if I get up and walk out after writing this? Yes, I know it's completely nuts, but that's exactly how the devils gets in; through those teensy little thoughts that pass through. 

It's not about them. People will think what they want to, regardless of whether I like it or not. It's not about me. It's about God & what can be done for His glory. 

As the last few songs were played, I was praying. I was praying for God to give me what I needed in that moment & the patience to handle this moment & future ones without completely snapping. The moments don't stop folks & I pray that they never do. 

We are going to try our hand at storytime this morning. 

Count it all joy. - James 1:2







No comments:

Post a Comment